The Book of proverbs
has 31 Chapters. A calendar has maximum of 31 days in a month. Therefore, the book of proverbs can be a Christian calendar. By reading the book of proverbs daily as part of your Bible
study can really increase your practical like skills wisdom.
The following verses where made during an inspiration Bible study group which decided to study the book of proverbs
every day and each person to come up daily with a mediation verse.
The following were the meditation verses of Prof Josphert Kimatu
between May and June 2021. You can also start and develop another list of meditation nuggets as the Holy Spirit reveals His wisdom to you from the same book. It shall bless and enrich you greatly.
The Keys of Godly Success
Proverbs 1:1 The proverbs of Solomon the son of David, king of Israel;
Analysis of the verse
- The verse has some things being called Proverbs
- It shows who is the author of the proverbs
- Shows the father of the author
- Shows the occupation of the father of the
author being a king.
- Shows the author as Prince was raised to be king also.
- Shows the country of the author as being Israel.
- Show the name of the author Solomon, which means peace.
- Shows the name of the author's father David, which means beloved.
1. The book is composed of Proverbs. The word Proverb means:
- Truths which are obscurely expressed
- Figures of speech
- Words of the wise.
It is heavenly wisdom given by the resurrected Saviour as the Prince of peace after defeating Satan (Goliath) as David the despised King of Israel. The school of wisdom also has its school uniform. The Author clearly states the
uniform one is to wear to enter into this school. This first qualification is called the fear of God. (verse 7).
What to expect in the school of wisdom
- Verse 2: To know wisdom
- Verse 3: To receive instruction of wisdom
- Verse 4: To give discernment to the youth
- Verse 5: To attain into wise counsels to all
Just imagine verse 7 says as a fool will despise wisdom and instruction.
In science we say wisdom is the right
application of knowledge. However, no one can apply knowledge without wisdom and no one can have wisdom without the fear of God. The school of the fear of God is in Psalms 34:11-14. Kindly enroll!
The path of the wise
For the LORD giveth wisdom: out of his mouth cometh knowledge and understanding.
The verse shows three things which come from One source.
The three things:
The One source
The LORD is one of the Names of God. In Genesis chapter 1, He is the Creator. He is called Elohim. Which means The Mighty one. After Genesis 12 He reveals
Himself as El Shaddai to Abraham. El Shaddai means the All sufficient One. Later in Exodus 3 He reveals Himself to Moses as Jehovah or Yehovah or Yahweh. The name means Redeemer. It is in this redemptive name that He gives
wisdom in Proverbs 2:7.
This means all truth is found only in understanding how God send His Son to redeem us. Actually, Jesus said He is the Truth (John 14:6).
The three things in the description
To understand the three things, we need to understand the path of life. When one wants something or has a problem he or she thinks hard. Then one comes up with an idea. If this
idea works all the time at all places by all people is called truth. An accumulation of truths is called knowledge. If one fears God the he gets the ability to use the knowledge. The application of knowledge is called wisdom. The accurate timing to apply wisdom
is called understanding. This is the path of life. Then, the Lord says from His mouth comes truth. John 17:17: says thy word is truth. In Luke 4:4 it says man shall not live by bread alone but by every word that comes out of the mouth
of the LORD. Therefore, the path of life starts with God and ends with God. Is He not the Alpha and Omega? Hallelujah and glory to our Father God.
Let's say a thankful Amen.
Identifying the head of the family
My son, forget not my law; but let thine heart keep my commandments:
Analysis of the verse
The verse shows a family with a
The verse begins with the Father saying, my son. This means the son has the blood
of the Father flowing in him. It means having the nature of God in us if we shall be in His family.
After Adam ate the forbidden fruit he and Eve
got a satanic nature. Everybody born from Adam got the satanic nature. Jesus highlighted this fact in John 8:44 when He said, you are of your father the devil. So, He came to change our nature. Jesus said unless one is born again he or she cannot inherit the
kingdom of God. Everybody who received Jesus as Lord is given the authority to became a son of God (John 1:12). If any man be in Christ he or she is a new creature, the old has passed the new has come (2 Cor 5:17).
It is this new creatures and sons whom the Father says.
1. Forget not my teachings. Remember my laws. Memorise my teachings.
2. Keep my commandments. In order words practice them. Put them into action.
This is only possible
if you keep them in your heart's. Let them be your first nature.
My family acts like me because they have my life and my nature, saith the LORD .
The rubrics of life
Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.
Analysis of the verse
The verse has a strong advice of a particular
organ in our members.
1. The heart
2. The effort required
The Father is focusing on the heart. This comes after telling the children to attend to His words and to obey them. The Father knows the children are in a serious battle with powers of darkness. The advice by the Father
is focused on the most important area which the enemy targets.
The Father says. Keep your heart with all the seriousness you have. Oh, what is the heart?
Oh, it is very important to understand
the functions of each of these. You cannot help anybody if you do not know these. The heart is now the conscience and mind combined. The conscience function is to monitor what is right and wrong according to our exposure. The function of the mind is to think
and choose. These two functions are what the Father says, keep them with all diligence. This is because the springs of life arise from them.
Oh our God is great and extremely wise
My son, attend unto my wisdom, and bow thine ear to my understanding:
The verse has a serious push of a Father to a son.
The Father is pushing the son to gain the best qualities in the path of life.
That is, to gain wisdom and understanding.
The meaning of the words
To Attend: This mean to put it first place in life. Put is first place in the day. First place in attention. First place in your energy.
To Bow thine ear: means to listen carefully so that you obey without making mistakes.
The Father will, be angry if attend other things
and obey other things rather than His Word. He knows for sure that without Him nobody can survive.
Child of God attend the Word of God daily and obey the Word of God forever.
The ant school of wisdom
Go to the ant, thou sluggard; consider her ways, and be wise: Which having no guide, overseer, or ruler, Provideth her meat in the summer, and gathereth
her food in the harvest.
The verse is urging the Sluggard to go to school.
Which school? The ant
school of wisdom. Yes. Just go. You cannot learn if you do not go. Please go. Be a doer of the word of God. Go to the ant!
The objective of going
to this school is to consider the ways of the ant. Yes, consider the ant lifestyle of survival. Consider the ant organization of matters. Consider the ant art of planning for the future. Consider the ant protocol order. Yes. Consider to adopt them.
Lessons in the ant school of wisdom
These are the success strategies which the ant uses to escape the excuses of the sluggard.
1. We ants do not need a guide, we find
out our way through thick and thin.
2. We ants do not need an overseer, or any supervisor. We do our job intrinsically.
3. We ants do not need a boss or ruler to command us to work
4. We ants read seasons and organize on how to survive the next season.
5. We ants do not plan and not carry out our plan. We literally dirty ourselves to gather our food during the harvest. We do not beg.
These five points have made the Almighty to classify us amongst the small but exceedingly wise creatures.
These qualities have made us to survive the worst climates, worst disasters and beat the strongest elephants and the self-proclaimed wise human beings.
We ants have been consistent in self-discipline, self-driven, love of team work, working on time tested principles which the Almighty has given even the weak and small to super succeed.
Avoiding the killers of strong men
My son, keep my words, and lay up my commandments with thee.
Analysis of the verse
The verse is the
Father advising the son concerning the most crucial issues in life. The Father says, keep my words. The Father says lay up my commandments with thee. The command is thou shalt not commit adultery, fornication, Lasciviousness or bestiality
The Father is full of love for the son. The Father is concerned with the son. He does His best to secure the son from lifetime dangers.
The Father's strategy
The Father uses His
words to counsel His son. The son can decide to obey or despise the valuable instruction of a Father.
Now in this chapter seven, the Father want
to tell the son a very important advice. The advice is so important that if the son despises this he shall be dead
So, the Father uses all kinds of metaphors to help the son
to understand. He uses words like
- Keep this as seriously as you keep your eye apples.
these words upon your fingers
- Write them upon the table of thine heart
- Say into wisdom
you are my sister.
The Father says if you listen carefully to God's word like this, then you can avoid the danger of dangers. This danger is the strange woman. This
strange woman uses also words to trap stupid boys.
The strange woman is a woman who is connected to powers of darkness to steal, kill and destroy men. An occultic woman.
How does the devil use her to steal the heart of men?
1. Uses secrecy at night verse 9
2. Touching men or appealing to the flesh verse 13
3. Religions connotations, verse 14
4. Exposing her body to seduce by wearing like a harlot. Verse 10
5. Using perfumes to snare verse 27.
6. Read six others in the chapter.
The one who cannot fear God and keep His word will be wounded or slain by this woman. Sadly
many strong men have been slain by her.
The key lesson is that the devil is using men to destroy those who despise the Word of God. The devil is
using demonic men to kill foolish girls and demons women to kill foolish boys
Making the unregrettable decision
I love them that love me; and those that seek me early shall find me.
Here we see One who is speaking about Himself. Saying;
1. I love
2. Love me
4. Find me.
He is addressing a group of people not
one person. He says, I love them not I love him or her. He is addressing a local Church or when two or three gather in His Name.
Why do they gather?
To do two things.
1. To love Him or worship and praise Him
2. To seek Him or to hear His words and teachings.
The wisdom of God is Jesus personified. He is the wisdom
of God (Colossians 2:3 and 1 Corin 1:30). Hallelujah.
He says they that seek Me find me. This is so simple. Why do people not gather to seek Him? Many gather to compete with other religions, others gather
to seek peace and joy,
others gather to seek money, others gather to seek others, etc. But those who are gathering to seek only Jesus are guaranteed to find Jesus.
What happens if people find Him?
1. They sell all they have and start to follow Him (Mark 10(.
2. When they follow Him they find durable riches, honour (verse 18).
3. The association with Him or
the fruit of being a branch in the true Vine is better than gold and the returns or salary is better than choice silver. (Verse 19).
4. He causes them to inherit substitute
5. He fills their treasures. (Verse 23)
Jesus loves us immensely and makes us presently and eternally blessed
Revisiting the error of Eden
A foolish woman is clamorous: she is simple, and knoweth nothing.
Analysis of the verse
The verse looks at a type of a women. The women is seen to have the following qualities:
1. She is foolish or thinks tomorrow will never
2. She is clamours. Or she fight for her perceived rights and equalities
3. She is
simple. Or she lacks spiritual and eternal implications of issues
4. She knows nothing. Or she does not merge present happening with past events and future consequences.
Deeper insight of this kind of woman
This woman because of her predisposition, has the following influence in her community
1. She cannot be married by any man. She sits at her house.
when married she sits at the door. Threatening to leave.
3. She is a fighter of her right. She fights using woman power and enters into leadership. (verse 14)
4. She uses her position to seduce and fight all good and upright men of the land (verse 15)
5. She also calls
and seduces foolish fleshy men to herself. (Verse 16)
6. She tells men, free sex is sweet, you can have sex without responsibility. She says, Steal some sex for yourself.
She focuses on foolish men. She tells foolish men to enjoy sex with her. Foolish men then saliva and follow her for sex.
The lesson from God
God now says in verse 18, that the foolish man does not know that he has gone to the
land of the dead. (Dead academically, dead socially, dead mentally, dead physically) In otherwords a man contaminated by harlots or loose women is spiritually dead and of less value to God purposes.
These men after getting the dirty thing they thought was sweet now enter into the path to hell aiyah..
The Bible always connects sexual sin to death and going to hell.
Wealth is better than riches and poverty
The rich man's wealth is his strong city: the destruction of the poor is their poverty.
The verse has two kinds of people. The rich man and the poor man.
The verse also speaks of the current situation and future situation of both
The rich man has wealth. The poor man has poverty.
Wealth in the Bible is not riches. Riches in the Bible refer to the possession of much money.
Wealth is the possession of material things
like land, cows, houses etc.
So you can see riches can take wings and fly away but wealth is like a strong city. It has much stability. We should labour to be wealthy not just
to be rich. Money loses values but wealth increases in value every day.
Poverty. This is the status of lacking the basic things of life. If one lacks food,
shelter and water, then that somebody is poor. He cannot have any wealth if he is only always struggling to avoid death. If he does not overcome this situation he shall die. This, the poverty situation can bring diseases, hatred, confusing and the person
might even steal and be imprisoned.
The poor man might not seek God properly because he only seeks God to give him food and shelter. How can he serve God? Poor people
will not be content easily as advised in 1 Tim 6:6 The rich and wealthy man can also be destroyed if he becames a person of mischief and lies like in Psalms 52.
Do not be lazy and you shall not be poor. Be rich and serve God without trusting in riches or wealth. For you brought nothing in the world and you shall take nothing out of it. 1 Timothy
Reconciling Beauty with Brains
As a jewel of gold in a
swine's snout, so is a fair woman which is without discretion.
of the verse
1. The verse is a real proverb. The wise will learn a lot.
verse has two parts which are related.
3.There is the spiritual revelation for the deeper seekers.
4. These are the seven items in the verse:
b. Gold jewel
d. Swine snout
f. Beautiful woman
is the most valuable metal. It is very precious. It is rare. It is really sought after.
2. Jewel: is an expensive item designed for beauty and class it's value
is increased by the type of metal used. A gold jewel is expensive and beautiful.
3 A swine; is a female pig. Usually big and full of appetite.
Always looking for any type of food. It looks only downwards (Col 3:1) for any dirty liquid food to insert its nose. The nose or snout is never clean. Jesus taught us not to give holy things to pigs. Pigs where counted as unclean animals in the Old Testament.
They are clean outside because of having cleft hooves but dirty inside because they do not chew the cud. In other words, they are hypocrites. What you see outside is not what is inside. Hypocrites or pretenders shall not enter into the kingdom of God.
4. A woman; is the helper of Adam. A soft human being with a gentle voice of humility. Full of tenderness and beauty. A comforter of children. A bundle of sweetness for
encouraging home makers.
5. Discretion; The ability to know what is right and wrong. To discern what is temporal and what is eternal. The ability to distinguish
good and evil. It is having a conscience that is guided by the Holy Spirit and educated continually by the word of God.
Description of the verse
The verse teaches that a woman is a gold. She is
naturally precious and expensive. But a beautiful woman is a golden jewel. She is rare, expensive, precious and highly valuable. To be a jewel means to be shaped by the heat of circumstances without breaking. Bearing the blunt pain of the knife to cut
out the bad characters. Has been in the hand of many counsellors to increase her potentials. She is in the shape and size of her designer. She is fully submitted to be made to fit into the hand of the king. She knows that every pain, pressure and purpose is
for beauty and honour.
If a woman has undergone the training and discipline of the Master designer she must be placed in the hand of a person who values her price and sacrifices. If she does not discern
properly and she is connected to an hypocrite. Then the hypocrite will waste all that beauty and value by dipping it into mud and dug. The value and beauty shall be lost. But, If she is connected to a king, the beauty is exposed to all and honour is added.
Remember, swines are aggressive and will be pushy; but Kings are calculative and rational.
girls of valour pray and ask God to deliver you from swine like men who take valuable beauties to the sewage. Purpose that your preciousness, value, beauty and honour shall be preserved and increased forever.
Can I hear an Amen!
Tuning your inside to joy and power
Heaviness in the heart of man maketh it stoop: but a good word in maketh it glad.
Analysis of the verse
The verse is talking of :
1. Heavy or anxious or worried heart
2. Stooping or weighing down. It means a burden
3. Good word or a word of encouragement a word of strength
4. Glad or merry or joyous heart. A happy heart.
The verse does not have difficult words but I have learnt that know the correct definition makes a meaning more clear.
means having an over concern on an important issue which you have no solution. It is worrying that an opportunity might be lost. That there is danger of even being ashamed.
2. Heart; means the combination of the conscience and the mind. The conscience is the part of the spirit that monitors what you are convinced is of an eternal value. It tells you it is right or wrong. Like if
one commits fornication he or she will feel very dirty and that he or she has done a very wrong thing. That is the conscience telling you that God is angry with your actions. You need to agree with God and stop it. If you push to continue to go against this
inner voice it will one-day keep quite. This is a sure indication that nothing can stop you from going to hell. It is very serious condition. Blessed are those with clean sensitive conscience for they know when the hurt God and other men. In Swahili
it is called Dhamiri.
Description of the verse
The verse said an anxious heart makes it to be burdened. It is weakened. It cannot function properly. The remedy for this worry is only by prayer. Cast your
worries to God in prayer. Without prayer you shall be anxious. The indicator of prayerlessness is worry. Philippines 4:8 says be anxious of nothing. But by prayer, supplication and thanksgiving let your requests be made known into God. then the peace of God
shall keep your heart in Christ Jesus. Please pray. Pray until joy comes inside you.
If you are discouraged then discuss with somebody to encourage you. The Bible can also
encourage you daily. The Bible says a merry heart is like medicine.
Rejoice in the Lord always by keep a consistent life of prayer concerning everything.
The tide power of our tongue
He that keepeth his mouth keepeth his life: but he that openeth wide his lips shall have destruction.
Analysis of the verse
The verse is a serious universal law. Therefore,
whoever despises it shall pay for it (Prov 13:13). The verse focuses on:
3. Opening our Lips
4. Keeping or guarding our words
5. Throwing words carelessly
In the creation of man at conception God makes everyone packed with blessings. Yes, packed with blessings. Blessings of family,
blessings of occupation, blessings of health, blessings or resources. These blessings are the highly desired by Satan. There several strategies the enemy uses to grab these blessings. From birth he can hinder the blessings by giving a bad name at birth or
nicknaming, using family to destroy the blessings, using friends to steal them, using authorities to kill the blessings. But he mainly uses what you say with your mouth to destroy the blessings and replace them with his curses. He has no apologies because
he is the devil.
The Father's advice
My children, says the Father, ' guard carefully what comes out of your mouth". It might be when speaking words, singing songs, joking with friends, or even
riddles. The words which everyone speaks are the grounds which the enemy uses to fight you. If you confess sickness the devil will bring diseases, if you confess lack then poverty comes, whatever you confess be sure it shall come to you. Jesus spoke about
this principle many times see Matthew 12 and Mark 11. The power of the tongue to bring death or life is real -see Proverb 18 and James 3).
If you have made many mistakes
using your mouth and you have lost your blessings. You can confess your blessings back. Repent and stop using your mouth to destroy. Confess that Jesus is Lord of your life. Or confess that Jesus Christ is your Boss. Believe that God has raised Him from the
dead. Then from hence forth confess the blessings in the Word of God into your life day and night. Say, the Lord is my shepherd I shall not lack. Confess what you are told to confess in Psalms 91:2. Let weak say am strong (Joel 2).
The treasures of the fear of God
The fear of the LORD is a fountain of life, to depart from the snares of death.
The verse focuses on one character which is very valuable
and profitable. It is the fear of God.
The verse says that the fear of God is:
1. A fountain
2 The fear of God generates in us the ability to depart from the snares of death.
this means a source which is continuous and purified.
- Life: The word life speaks of the vitality to perform. It points to the person of Jesus Christ.
- Snare: means traps and stumbling blocks.
- Death: means the disconnection
from God. It means connection to the devil death traps.
- The fear of God. Before I define this term,
Let me tell you that there are four types of fears.
- Natural fear: this the fear of some things in nature, eg. There
are people who fear spiders
- Fear of men: this is a fear of the looks, words or actions of mankind.
- Demonic fear: this is the fear of devils or ghosts.
- The fear of God: this is the ability which one fears to do anything which can make God angry.
God Himself teaches us to avoid four things which can anger Him in Psalms 34:11-14. Please read and meditate on them.
The fear of God is the character which carries the largest number of blessings in the
Bible if one has it.
God gives His secrets to the person who fears Him. Psalms 25:14.
studies on the fear of God are in mp3 and writing in www josphert.com
The safety of getting counsellors
Without counsel purposes are disappointed: but in the multitude of counsellors they are established.
Analysis of the verse
The verse has only two components:
The verse then speak of
how to utilise the above two components
- Without the first one the second is lost.
a few of the first one the second is lost.
- With a multitude of the first one the second is realized. Remember a multitude is s number which you can not easily count.
1. Counsel is an advice given by a seasoned expert in an field or subject.
2. Purpose this is a destiny, an objective or the outcome or
the end of an effort
The heavenly Father who made us gives a serious the advice that a single brain is not enough to make safe permanent decision. A single brain makes many mistakes.
If you want to be safe in any serious issue seek much counsel. Serious issue like marriage and career paths needs many counsellors.
Where to get counsel in life
From God; This is because God by Himself is a multitude. He is called the Lord of hosts.
2. The Bible; The Bible has a multitude of counselors
to copy from. To avoid bad examples like of Cain and to emulate good counsels like of Apostle Paul.
3. The Lord Jesus is called a wonderful counsellor.
4. The Holy Spirit is a great counselor.
5. Older men and women than
you beginning with parents.
6. Experts in a particular field can be consulted but carefully because the heart of men can be deceitful.
7. Ask yourself if you have peace after the counseling. Peace in your conscience points to the right direction.
If you want true success in family, job, spiritual life, academics, in social life or in health please kindly get a multitude of counselors’ opinion about it.
The secret of daily successes
Commit thy works unto the LORD, and thy thoughts shall be established.
This verse has two issues involving two persons.
The issues are:
- Your works or plans or schedules, programs, or destiny
thoughts or your ideas, your desires your imaginations.
There are two persons:
The LORD or your Redeemer it does not say your God but your LORD. It is the redemptive name of God or Jehovah or Yahweh or Yehovah.
- Commit; This word mean to place something into the hands of a stronger and wiser person whom you trust loves you and is concerned with your welfare.
- Established; This word means stabilized, fulfilled, perfected or achieved.
Description of the lesson
has decreed that He shall not intervene into His children affairs as a Redeemer if we do not pray or invite Him. He can intervene as God but not as a redeemer. As children in the family of the Almighty we should love to invite Him into
our affairs. He also invites us into His affairs. Through prayer we bring our affairs into His affairs. His affairs are His will.
The guarantee is that any issue that is placed
in His hands always comes to success. He has never disappointed. We commit our affairs into His hand and He directs us by His eternal foresight. We are ready to accept His outcome.
If you tell Him to drive please do not touch that steering wheel. Rest in His love and wisdom and you shall arrive in the land of bliss. Amen.
The source of honour in life
Proverbs 15:33 The fear of the Lord is the instruction of
wisdom and before honour is humility.
of the verse
In this one verse I found four important aspects of a godly life all in one verse.
- The fear of God
These four brothers
have the same blood.
There is no character in scripture which has more blessing than the fear of God.
The fear of God brings the character of humility.
A humble person has great godly wisdom. Because he knows that God resists the proud but give grace to the humble. The
humble shall be exalted to great honour.
My focus is to be close to these brothers especially The fear of God.
The secret of daily successes
Commit they works to the Lord and your thoughts shall be established.
Analysis of the verse
This is a principle verse. It shows God's operation.
There are two things to notice here:
There are two persons to notice here:
How do we link the four together?
The four are linked by the word Commit
The word Commit means to place something precious on the hands
of s trustworthy hands.
It means to pray
We are supposed to trust the power, the wisdom
and the love of God to place our works to Him with our daily works.
There are especially some life situations which are only safe in the hands of God. They are marriage,
occupation, the place to built a home and your Christian ministry.
God will not interfere with your works if you do not commit them to Him. God will guide your thoughts
to align to His will if you commit your works to God.
Conclusion: Before you start to do anything commit it to God in prayer. All your failures are because of leaning
on your own understanding and not trusting God at the onset.
The laws of relationships transactions
Whosoever rewards evil for good, evil shall not depart from his house
Analysis of the verse
Here I look at phrase: evil for good.
We have other alternatives and their interpretations
Here we are:
1. Paying good for good is humanly
2. Paying good for
evil is godly
3. Paying evil for good is satanic
4. Paying evil for evil beastly.
The comparison enables us to understand how God views the reaction of a person after something has happened to him or her. For example,
paying evil for evil is beastly, implies that such as reaction is like being done without thinking. This is because animals always want to feel good by all means.
Therefore, they just react and in many occasions in an injurious manner.
Paying evil for good is satanic, because only satan wants to remove good from
the earth. God is good and because satan is an enemy of good he attacks every attached to God. He wants to make God angry. He knows, that man is the beloved of God. Therefore he comes to steal man from God the kill the stolen man and finally destroy the plan
of God for man.
Paying good for good is normal for man because man always expects to be repaid back in the future.
Paying good for evil is Godly because it only the product of the life of God in us. Only a connection with God guarantees this wonderful reaction from men.
Let us be godly. This is because of our new nature in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Your responsibility as a friend
He that has friends must show himself friendly. There is s friend who sticks closer than a brother.
Analysis of the verse
In this verse we see the requirements of God concerning relationships
We know the seven circles of relationships which we must keep intact.
In the inside is me.
2 The inner circle is made of parents. Parents must be obeyed. They protect
us when we are absolutely helpless. Mum fed us with milk from her own blood. Dad provided and protected mum to feed us.
the inner circle is the circle of siblings. It has brothers and sisters. They teach us and help us to nurture our talents.
Outside this circle is the circle of relatives. They are cousins, uncles, aunts, grandparents etc. They increase our exposure to other fields.
Outside this circle is the circle of friends. This are your friends and friends of your parents. The thicker this circle is more you shall be happy.
Outside this circle is the circle of strangers. These are people you do not know, but you are doing your best to make them friends.
Outside this circle are your enemies. They are supposed to be as few as possible for you to be safe. The devil is a member of this circle of enemies. Some people in the inner circles can sometimes become members of this group.
The verse Prov. 18:24 says there are some friends who can enter into the inner circle of siblings.
These are very precious. Then the verse says for you to experience this transition, one must show himself friendly.
A friend must be friendly. There is a teaching about who
is s friend. I shall teach one day Even God has friends, For example, Abraham was called a friend of God. Jesus called Lazarus His friend and showed Himself friendly.
My friends kindly show up today!
My friends kindly show up today!
Proverbs 19:7 All the brothers
of the poor do hate him: how much more do his friends go far from him? he pursueth them with words,, yet they are wanting to him.
The Lord as a Father is teaching His children.
He says although I taught you the different circles of relationships but there are things you can be and these shall affect relationships. One of them is being poor. The Father says, a poor man will be lonely. His brothers will detest him. His Friends
will hate being near him. Even pursuing them with words, ...like sending SMS…inviting in WhatsApp etc will not work.
The Father is telling His children to avoid being
poor. The Father has said in Proverbs 19:4 that Wealth maketh many friends; but the poor is separated from his neighbour.
The poor is also poor in friends.
There are seven things which cause one to be poor. One is the love of sleep- Proverbs 20:13
The poverty factory
Love not sleep, lest thou come to poverty; open thine eyes, and thou shalt be satisfied with bread.
The verse focuses on an important advice to be satisfied
The Father advices His children to not love sleep. He does not say do not sleep, but not to love sleep.
the love of sleep breeds poverty. It means loving to sleep is a sin.
If you want to be rich and wealthy hate to sleep. My friend always feel good when your eyes are open.
- Do not call for sleep if sleep is not coming.
- Do not fold your legs to invite sleep. If sleep has gone please wake up and work.
- Do not be rolling
in that bed like a door in its hinges.
Write near you bed this writing. “Poverty is manufactured here”
Poverty come faster to lovers of sleep.
There are many types of poverty including:
1. Financial poverty
2 Social poverty
3. Spiritual poverty
4. Mental poverty
5. Physical poverty
7. Integrity poverty
8. Material poverty
9. Emotional poverty
10. Intellectual poverty
Following the right things to find the right
He that followeth after righteousness and mercy findeth life, righteousness, and honour.
The verse has two verbs
It means he who follows
this finds that....
I like the words in the KJV which says . He who followeth . This findeth. That...
The words mean: follow and keep following ...then you shall find and keep finding. It is a present continuous tense situation.
The heavenly Father is teaching His children
the consequences of what you pursue. The universe law is that what you seek seriously you shall definitely find it. Matthew 7:7.
In the verse we are told to Follow
After Righteousness And Mercy finds Life Righteousness And
I hope you can see that: He who FARM finds LRAH
Yule analima anapata Raha!
The foolish excuses of a lazy man
The slothful man saith, There is a lion without, I shall be slain in the streets.
There is a man called slothful man. His other names are lazy man or sluggard.
This verse gives some of the characteristics of Mr Sluggard
1. A slothful man is talkative. The slothful man says....keeps saying...
2. The slothful man is full of excuses of not working..
3. The slothful man likes
to stay in-doors in bed.
4. The slothful man gives foolish excuses to convince himself why he has to keep sleeping.
For example, he says:
- There is s lion outside. The question is how did he see outside when he has not even woken up?
- He says the lion outside is killing people. The question is how has he known that people are been slain by his imaginary lion?
- The slothful man is not a risky taker. He only thinks he shall be the first one to have misfortunes. He thinks the lion in the street will only kill him.
- He does not know that he is rearing s lion called poverty and this shall surely slay him. Arise you sluggard how long shall thou sleep?
The dangers in the path of drunkards
Who hath woe? who hath sorrow? who hath contentions? who hath babbling? who hath wounds without cause? who hath redness of eyes?
This is the verse I have found to have the largest
number of question marks. (If you find another I shall give you kshs 500 or $5).
The verse is giving the seven characteristics of a drunkard inform of questions. Here
- Drunkards invite curses or woes to their lives. Due to the places they drink and company they stay with
- Drunkards have many sorrows. They are stolen from, have debts, enemies etc
- Drunkards have lots of strives because of guilt of what they
do before and after being drunk.
- Drunkards speak a lot without thinking. They just bubble!
- Drunkards are full of complaining because they think others are responsible for the trouble they caused!
- Drunkards have wounds which they acquired when they were beaten
and fell when they got drunk.
- Drunkards have red eyes and dimmed eyes. They do not see far. They only see a bottle as the ultimate thing to achieve.
These are seven in number. Seven is a number of complete was. Alcoholism is complete trouble for fools who get into it. The Bible says whoever is deceived by wine is not wise.
The verses below verse 29 speak of other dangers of a drunkard. They are given in parables. They show the following;
- The life of a drunkard is without direction. Is like a ship in the sea.
- The life of a drunkard is open to disasters. It is like a man on top of a mast.
Even satanic and demonic attacks.
- The drunkard will realize that alcohol is additive. He shall arise and say I will after it again!
- Drunkards shall end up with immoral sexual activities and sexually transmitted diseases like HIV and gonorrhea
- Drunkards are very
unstable in everything. They cannot think straight, can’t drive straight, cannot complete anything well.
For more explanation of more dangers of alcohol, wine,
spirits and chang'aa visit www.josphert.com
The characteristics of a lazy person
I went by the field of the slothful, and by the vineyard of the man void of understanding;
Analysis of the verse
There are two men.
2. A slothful man
There are two farms
There are two issues
2. Lack of understanding
The best combination is to be a hardworking person with understanding.
There are dangers of being lazy and without understanding.
They are listed after the verse 30.
- The field shall have thorns and nettles. These are effects of the curse. They are useless harmful things. They grow by themselves due to the fallen nature of man. Cain was told by God to master sin.
- The field of a lazy man will be attacked and the defense broken. There will be no protection. Anybody who is lazy to read the Bible and lazy in prayer will be easy meat for demons.
The Wiseman analysis of the lazy man
A wise man can look at the field of a lazy man and learn vital lessons.
1. Nothing good comes without hard work.
2. The Wiseman learns the source of the lazy man problems. It was the lazy man secret of three littles:
- Little sleep
- Little slumber
- Little folding of hand to sleep.
The outcome of the lazy man strategy of using the three little secrets is poverty and it's negative effects.
How to obtain blessing from your enemies
If thine enemy be hungry, give him bread to eat; and if he be thirsty, give him water to drink:
V. 22 For thou shalt heap coals of fire upon his head,
and the LORD shall reward thee.
These two verses are very instructive to how to deal with your enemies. Everybody is supposed to be surrounded by parents, siblings, relatives, friends, strangers
and then enemies. These circles are constantly pierced by the enemies.
counsel of dealing with enemies
The Father instructs His children to do something which focuses on a strategy of helping the enemy.
Remember enemies also have needs. So, be observing. If your enemy is sick, visit him, if he is naked cloth him, if he is lost direct him, If your enemy has
hunger, please rush and give him bread. If your enemy is thirsty, please rush and give him water, (not alcohol) to drink. Hunger and thirst are human basic needs. If one does not get these he dies.
But God says, please do not let him die. Give him bread and water. Do not wish him to die. God says I know how to revenge for you more heavily than you. If you do what I say, God says He shall pour
hot coals on his head. Yes. This is very painful. It sets the hair on flames and scalds the head hard. This hot coal treatment makes the enemies to run away from you at supersonic speed in seven directions!
Then, when your enemies have run away, the Lord shall reward you. He shall give you a blessing. The reward of the Lord will even make the enemy to hear of your blessings when far away.
This is the God formula of for dealing with your enemies.
when you see your enemy in need, please help them. Do good to them. Do not repay evil for evil, but be godly and repay evil with good.
Kindly. Deal with those
enemies of yours with the hot coal baptism.
Haunted by your past?
Whoso diggeth a pit shall fall therein: and he that rolleth a stone, it will return upon him.
The verse is for everybody!
It means it is a life principle.
- Because it is a life principle, old people will also learn it by experience even without reading the Bible.
- Other religions will learn it also, no observation.
- It must be repeated in other verses in the Bible
- It works without fail.
- Fools will think they are exempted from it
we have a proverb in the same words. Mchimba kaburi utubukia mwenyewe.
Things to note
- If you make life difficult for others, your life will also be difficult.
- If you built traps for others, God will organize events so that you get trapped yourself. Example. If you have sex with others people children, your own children will also be raped! . Just marry if you want legal
- It also in the principle of whatever you sow you shall reap. Steal from others and you shall be stolen from.
My friends, whatever you wish men do to you, do also to them.
Can I hear an amen there!
Better me as I
Proverbs 27:17 Iron sharpeneth
iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend.
The verse compares two things.
1. Iron with iron
2. Me and my friend
The first comparison
is absolutely similar. It is iron verses iron. It means what one is giving the other one is receiving the same. None is losing or gaining more than the other.
In the second
comparison is where we might have differences. The Father's advice
The advice of the father is on how to choose valuable friends. He counsels that
if you want to be better choose a friend who is similar to you. If you are wood choose wood. If wood chooses iron. The iron will be blunt because of sharpening the wood but the wood will wear out.
The countenance speaks of outward appearance. If you want to be better follow these principles.
- Know your abilities and goals
- Choose a friend who has similar abilities and goals
- Be a friend to your friend and share your heart.
- Keep making your friend to appear better in all spheres of life.
- Sharpen your friend spiritually
- Sharpen your friend mentally
- Sharpen your friend materially.
- Sharpen your friend socially.
- Sharpen your friend to be better and you shall realise you shall also be better.
The differences between plenty and poverty
He that tilleth his land shall have plenty of bread: but he that followeth after vain persons shall have poverty
There are two people here.
1. A tiller of ground
A follower of vain people
The verse also give the outcomes of each person.
1. The tiller
of is ground ends up with plenty of bread
2. The follower of vain people shall get poverty squared.
The Father's lesson to His children
every child to till his ground. We have our grounds. Your career is your ground.
Please till it. To till means to dig. Digging allows water to
soak deeper. Tilling , removes weeds . Tilling makes the crops to be better and to yield more. Most Carter's do not prosper because we do not work on them. We should till and add manure. We are focusing on the yield. A student should till his or her books.
Attend to those assignments. Go to the library and till books. You shall have plenty of As on your transcripts. If you follow useless people or vain purposes you shall have poverty in plenty;
- Why spend half a day watching football?
- Why spend a whole day hanging around a town to buy nothing?
- Why follow people who do not encourage you to till your ground?
- Why do you spend so many hours following Twitter?
- Evaluate every day how you tilled your land.
- Plan how to till your land tommorow
- 3! Hard work has great rewards.
- God guarantees that if you till you shall have plenty and not poverty.
- Most poor people are lazy people.
God bless all tillers
The sure mark of perishing
Where there is no vision, the people perish: but he that keepeth the law, happy is he.
Analysis of the verse
The verse is one of those pull out verses which if one does not know them the consequences
are dangerous outcomes.
These are those verse which you are required to memorise" and meditate day and night.
If the enemy blinds minds on understanding the implications of not assimilating such truths it become a great trap.
The verse says;
Where there is No vision. This is darkness already. It means perishing!
Description of the word vision
In any place. In any life, in any situation, if there is no vision people become wasted. People perish.
The word vision means, revelation. Which kind of revelation? It is the revelation of the redemption of God for mankind. The intervention of God to reveal to man concerning the eternal mistake of man and the
grace of God to correct it. This revelation or vision is a seeing with spiritual eyes the deeds of God to buy man out of sstan. The Lord Jesus Christ said flesh and blood can not reveal who He is. Only the Father can reveal Christ to mankind. Without
this revelation people perish. It is not just academic reading of the Word but a Spirit revelation of Christ.
If one does not encounter and
experience the spiritual revelation of Christ perishing is inevitable!. In all things there is the spiritual dimension. Jesus said, let those who have ears hear. He was speaking of spiritual ears. Not those physical lobes!
Where there is no revelation people perish.
God is bigger than you think
The words of Agur the son
of Jakeh, even the prophecy: the man spake unto Ithiel, even unto Ithiel and Ucal,
Analysis of verse
The key word of the verse
The key word is the Prophecy or to those who do not know it is called the
The lesson of the verse is very important for any Bible scholar.
- It teaches that you do not need to understand everything.
- It teaches that God is greater than our greatest.
- God knows that we do not know Jakeh
or Agur but He still writes for you to read.
- When you read the Bible be sure you shall not understand everything. You shall encounter some Agur and Jakeh..
- These hard parts of the Bible are to cause us to seek the Author of the Bible for fellowship and details. It is put there deliberately to kill our pride.
- If God just wrote every thing so that we fully understand, then we shall beat our chests and say we can do without the Almighty.
the Apostle Peter said Paul wrote somethings which are difficult to understand. The old Testament had prophets who wrote things they did not understand. But they wrote it by faith
- When you read other books or newspapers do you understand everything,? No. But you do not throw the books away, you search from the author or from experts.
What to focus on
Focus on the prophecy or on the words from God not
on the people like Agur.
Just look at the words from verse two. You shall seek the past descriptions of God's creation power, eternal deeds and most importantly the redemption
This kind of knowledge is gotten by progressive revelation from young age to old age daily .
If anybody does not daily walk with God to get revelation, he or she shall be like an animal..... Oh the wisdom of God, His ways are past finding.
Let's walk humbly before God and walk by faith knowing that God knows everything and we only know poorly in part
Seeking for the rare, the
precious and the valuable
Proverbs 31:10 Who can find a virtuous
woman? for her price is far above rubies.
Analysis of the
The verse speaks of a particular kind of a woman.
This woman is:
- She is rare.
- One has to search for her.
- Lazy men cannot find her.
- She is hidden. Is like a precious jewel.
- Only God can help you to locate her. Proverbs 19:24
- She is very valuable. She is s Ruby. Rubies are made by one enduring to take a piece
of sand and building a precious stone through life processes. Check how rubies are made on living organisms.
- A virtuous woman is a crown
to a husband. Proverbs 12:4 but the opposite is rottenness in the bones of a husband
- A person who works hard to find this woman obtains favour
of the LORD. Prov 18:22.
- Why are many men not able to find her? Because she is rare and very expensive. Some who find her cannot afford
her for she costs a lot.
The characteristics of a virtuous woman are described in Proverbs 31.
- A hard-working woman
- An early riser
- A seeker
- A saver of income.
- A compassionate
are not the same, we have precious jewels walking around.
Other qualities are described in www.josphert.com