At the Crossroads of Hell and Paradise
What could you have done if you reached at the cross roads of hell and paradise? What could you have said if you reached at the crossroads of hell and paradise? What kind of information do you have about Jesus that can save you
if you reached at the cross roads of hell and paradise?
My dear friends, the preaching of Jesus reached to even thieves. The Lord
Jesus was very thorough in His ministry.
- He preached until even thieves knew He was a Lord with a Kingdom.
- The thieves even know that His kingdom was to come later.
- He preached until thieves could preach to each other that they should
- He preached until the worst of the thieves knew He was the Christ.
- He preached
so much about hell and paradise until thieves could not question when He mentioned about paradise.
- He preached about righteousness until thieves could die for their sins
without questioning why they deserved to go to hell.
- He preached about the mercy of God until thieved could seek mercy even when all the world had condemned them.
Read the following passage;
Luke 23: 39-43
39 And one of the malefactors which were hanged railed on him, saying, If thou be Christ, save thyself and us.
40 But the other answering rebuked him, saying, Dost not thou fear God, seeing thou art in the same condemnation?
41 And we indeed justly; for we receive the due reward of our deeds: but this man hath done nothing amiss.
42 And he said unto Jesus, Lord, remember
me when thou comest into thy kingdom.
43 And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise.
The thief who was saved from eternal damnation did not qualify just because
he said, Lord remember me. He qualified because he did knew seven essential things:
These things are:
- He knew that Jesus was the anointed one, the Christ. The Messiah, send by God to come and save us.
- He feared God.
- He knew that Jesus was a King with a Kingdom.
- He acknowledged his sins and new punishment for sin was righteousness
- He knew Jesus as Lord
- He knew there is a paradise
- He preached at the cross to another
…let us follow the example of the first person to be washed by the Blood of Jesus at the cross.