Choose the character which you feel you lack most, Memorise its definition in English and then check and memorise the corresponding verse from the Bible: work on it everyday until you achieve it. How do you work on
it?… Think about it and pray so that God will give you the grace required to accomplish it.
1. ATTENTIVENESS: showing the worth of a person by giving sincere attention to
his words. (Heb. 2:1)
2. CAUTIOUSNESS: knowing how important right timing is in accomplishing right actions. (Prov. 19:2)
3. COMPASSION: investing whatever is necessary to heal the hurts of others. (1 John 3:17)
4. DILIGENCE: Visualizing each task as a special assignment from the Lord and using my energies to accomplish it.(Col. 3:16)
5. DISCRETION: The ability to avoid words, actions and attitudes, which could result in undesirable consequences. (Prov. 22:3)
6. ENDURANCE: The inward strength to withstand stress to accomplish Gods best. (Gal. 6:9)
7. GENEROSITY: Realizing that all I have belongs to God and using it for His purposes. (2 Gal. 9:6)
8. HUMILITY: Recognizing that God and others are actually responsible for the
achievements in my life. (Jer. 4:6)
9. INITIATIVE: recognizing and
doing what needs to be done before I am asked to do it. (Rom. 12:21)
10. LOVE: Giving to others basic needs without personal reward as my motive. (1 Cor. 13:3)
11. MEEKNESS: yielding
my personal rights and expectations to God. (Ps. 62:5)
Freedom to be creative under the protection of divinely appointed authority. (2 Cor. 10:5)
13. ORDERLINESS: Preparing myself and my sorrounding so that I will achieve the greatest efficiency. (1 Cor 14 : 40).
14. PATIENCE : Accepting a difficult situation from God without giving Him a deadline to remove it. (Rom 5 : 3-4).
15. PUNCTUALITY : Showing high esteem for other people and their time. (Eccl 3:1)
16. RESOURCEFULNESS : Wise use of that which others would normally overlook
or discard. (Luke 16 : 10)
17. RESPONSIBILITY : Knowing and
doing what both God and others are expecting from me. (Rom 14 : 12)
18. REVERENCE : Awareness of how God is working through the people and events in my life to produce the character of Christ in me. (Prov 23 : 17 – 18).
19. THOROUGHNESS : Knowing what factors will diminish the effectiveness
of my work of words if neglected. (Prov 18:15).
20. TRUTHFULNESS :
Earning future trust by accurately reporting past facts. (Eph 4 : 25).
21. WISDOM : Seeing and responding to life situations from God’s frame of reference. (Prov 9 :10)
22. HOSPITALITY : Cheerfully sharing food, shelter and spiritual refreshment with those God brings into my life.
(Heb 13 : 2)
23. DEPENDABILITY : Fulfilling what I consented
to do even if it means unexpected sacrifice. (Ps 15 :4)
24. CREATIVITY : Approaching a need, a task, an idea from a new perspective. (Rom 12 : 2)
25. AVAILABILITY : Making my own schedule and priorities secondary to the wishes of those I am serving. (Phil 2 : 20 – 21)